Friday, September 5, 2014

Grace from God

"Moved by grace, man turns toward God and away from sin, thus accepting forgiveness and righteousness from on high. "Justification is not only the remission of sins, but also the sanctification and renewal of the interior man." (CCC, 1989)

I'm 2 months postpartum which I feel is always more difficult than a few days or weeks postpartum. Hormones are changing. I expect too much of myself. I've stopped being gentle with myself, which is probably a mistake. Instead of taking our 3 kids 4 and under to the park or pool every day I've been going to the park and pool. I know... why in the world would I be cranky after that?  

I want to be charging ahead at full steam and am unforgiving for any shortcomings I have. Because of this just not being able to do all the really stupidly ambitious stuff I want I get grumpy and hormonal is just a present state of being right now. The combination of the two leads to a me that is... not choosing Grace, far from the ideal wife and mother that I would really love to be. Which makes me even more grumpy. 

This week my husband has been amazing. He treated me with more love and respect than I deserved and I cannot express how grateful I am.  In the storms of life he is constant, steady and loving. To the point where the storms deepen and intensify my love for him rather than eroding it.

"...God has created man in his image by conferring on him, along with freedom, the power to know him and love him. The soul only enters freely into the communion of love. God immediately touches and directly moves the heart of man. He has placed in man a longing for truth and goodness that only he can satisfy. The promises of "eternal life" respond, beyond all hope, to this desire..." (CCC, 2002)

I know during our family prayer time he has prayed for God's grace. And over the past few days I just see this light in him. This unconditional love. Its such a powerful thing to see your husband be so incredibly forgiving and loving. I have read often how Catholic marriage at its best should seek to imitate Christ's love for his church. How incredibly filled with grace. He has been my rock, the one whose shoulder I have leaned on, who has supported me and led me through the beautiful path we are on. With each passing year our marriage becomes more and more full of God's grace. As we develop and deepen our relationship with the Lord our own happiness and relationship has deepened. 

And so I want to just say thank you. Thank you for turning towards God when you could have turned away. Thank you for showing me His grace and moving me both closer to you and Him by your example. Your example this week has shown me the love of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment