Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Pride and Ambition

How to avoid pride and ambition? I feel like those are probably all of our downfall. There is such a fine line between the sin of pride and what you believe is right in life.

For me the big issue is pride. I look at my kids and my husband and I want to do better for them. Ambition was always a dominant theme until last year I really gave that up. My goal now finally is to serve and fulfill the will of God. Before that I was always torn between my desire to have and raise my children myself and the satisfaction I gained in making As in school or getting promotions at work. For me these were not compatible. I was spending every spare moment working on a MS rather than with my children.

We decided during that MS we should prevent pregnancy using Natural Family Planning (NFP). Literally there was no way we should have been able to become pregnant. And we became pregnant with 2 babies! Unfortunately one implanted in my fallopian tube and the other in my uterus. We lost both.

That began a major refocusing of our lives. The big misunderstanding I think people often have is that by following God's will you are going to suffer. But the lesson I have learned is that God loves us and wants nothing but the best for us. We just don't understand because we are the created not the creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment