Friday, January 16, 2015

DIY toothpaste!

So many people have asked me so often to share our toothpaste recipe I decided to blog about it!

Here are the ingredients you'll need:
  • 3 tsp calcium powder
  • 2 tbsp myrrh powder
  • 2 tbsp baking soda
  • 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
  • 5 drops of thieves oil
I use the same small ball jar for every batch and it takes me seconds to make each one :-)

I basically melt the coconut oil on the stove. While it is melting I am mixing the calcium, myrrh, and baking soda. After this is done I mix the thieves oil and the coconut oil together. Then I combine them all in my ball jar and stir. After I stir it I put the top on and shake the whole thing up. It hardens over night but you can also stick it in the fridge. 

I'm thinking in the future of adding celtic salt, bentonite clay, and charcoal. Next batch is coming up and I'll post the results afterwards :-)

Do you have a favorite DIY toothpaste?  Would love to hear what you use!

No comments:

Post a Comment